|Dear Hockey Players,|
Do not put your hockey equipment away yet, the summer hockey camp kicks off in less than 3 months. I am looking forward to seeing you all on the ice again. The camps are filling up fast, so go online and register today.
It will be not long before everyone will be competing for The Dexter Cup again!
See you on the ice,
Hockey Camp Director
Meet your hockey coaches
The hockey camp, for boys and girls ages 7-14, provides outstanding hockey instruction and a well-rounded full-day program of sports activities. The values of sportsmanship and fair play are emphasized. Every players gets to play in a game every day and teams are formed towards the end of the session to compete and win the coveted Dexter Cup.
Each day begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
Extended Day is available from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Children may be enrolled for any combination of weeks.
** All camps are closed on July 4th. Camp fees will be prorated accordingly.
||Monday, June 17th - Friday, June 28th
||Monday, July 1st - Friday, July 12th**
||Monday, July 15th - Friday, July 26th- FULL***
||Monday, July 29th - Friday, August 9th
*** Any full session, campers will be added to a rolling waitlist.
Players are required to be aged 7 years old and under the age of 14 years old by the start of the session.
Campers are divided into groups according to age, size, and ability, enabling coaches to support and challenge every participant appropriately. Each team is assigned two coaches and a counselor.
Dynamics of Skating
- Campers learn the physics and mechanics of skating.
- Campers learn to use all four skate edges in order to concentrate energy and power into every movement.
- Skating drills are designed to teach all the skills required to become a complete hockey player.
- Exercises are adjusted to meet the skill level of each camper.
- Stop-action with coaches on the ice and bench provides immediate feedback.
- Skaters are asked to play every position.
- Each player focuses on achieving personal goals, thereby helping the team.
- Sportsmanship and respect for teammates, opponents, coaches, and referees is emphasized during the game and throughout the day.
- In both games and practices, individual instruction is an integral part of the program.
- Rules, tactics, skills, sport psychology and nutrition are reviewed by the head coach.
- Instruction on conditioning, injury prevention and care is also given.
- Topics are adjusted to meet the maturity level of each group.